Friday, December 7, 2012

What is wrong with people??

This doesn't really have much to do with customer service.  Well, maybe a little, since fellow human beings are supposed to be our customers.  You know...the Golden Rule.  Although quite cliche, that rule stands the test of time.  It's a pretty good one....treat others as you would like to be treated. It actually works. Unfortunatley, I don't think that many people have time for that rule anymore.  Maybe they don't believe in it.  I was walking to the wine store to get something for Thanksgiving.  The parking lot was pretty busy so I had to wait a little while.  When I thought it was safe, I proceeded to walk across the lot to the store.  All of a sudden, this big truck with a hemi-engine came out of nowhere and was headed right for me!  Well, actually, I saw it.  It was quite a ways away, though.  I thought that I had time to cross.  Little did I know!  That truck that seemed like it was pretty far away to begin with, started speeding up when it saw me.  I must have been worth a lot of points.  Needless to say, it almost hit me.  When I turned around to look at who was in the car, I got a pretty dirty look from the passenger.  I was already irritated from almost getting run into by several shopping carts in the grocery store.  I went right home and stayed there.  What is wrong with people?  What has made them have little regard for other human beings or the law for that matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment