Monday, September 17, 2012

Saving those pennies...

Most of us are feeling the crunch of the purse when it comes to buying huge items like cars, tv's, boats, etc. Even more of us pinch pennies when shopping at the grocery stores.  Today I went to the grocery store across from where I work, looking to see what kind of deals they have there. I'll admit I was walking around for about 20 minutes because I was on break anyway.  I checked out the meat section, cereals, pasta, and more. While looking through the meat department I asked an employee if there were any "specials" on meats or if there was a certain day of the week that the butchered meats were on sale. The guy said, "How am I supposed to know?" Curious. He was wearing a uniform for the same grocery store that I was in, he was behind the meat counter and he was putting meat on the shelves.  I wonder why I thought he might know the answer. I just let him know that I would ask the manager instead. Then I apologized for interrupting his hard work. As I started to walk away he walked after me and then decided that he could help me after all and that he wasn't too busy. I politely declined and spoke to the manager instead.

Has this happened to anyone else? I am just trying to save some money and still get quality food items, but not at the expense of customer service. Let us know what you think! Comments are always welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment